If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (770) 966-1442

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Dealing With Mold Damage Properly in Your Acworth Home

12/26/2018 (Permalink)

Mold Remediation Dealing With Mold Damage Properly in Your Acworth Home Microbes can spread quickly. Help control the process by calling in SERVPRO technicians.

SERVPRO can Help Prevent the Spread of Mold on Your Property

A variety of situations can arise when you come across mold, bacteria, or fungi growing in your home, many of which have the opportunity to cause health effects for you or your loved ones.
 
Finding mold damage in your Acworth area home is not the end of the world. Homeowners experience these issues quite often and seek professional help to mitigate the damages they experience in their homes.
 
SERVPRO technicians are expertly trained to handle mold and other microbial growth issues in your home. Microbes are living organisms that often have an effect on the quality of our indoor environment. Some types can contaminate the air that we breathe or the water that we drink. However, microbes are also a vital part of the ecosystem and a necessity of life.
 
Mold and other fungi are multicellular organisms that digest materials found within their surroundings to obtain nutrients rather than eating like animals, or making food like plants. Bacteria live in soil, water, and other organic materials. Like fungi, bacteria also absorb surrounding materials. However, bacteria are usually single-celled organisms.
 
At SERVPRO we help control microbial growth by removing moisture sources needed for the organisms to spread and remove contaminated materials from your home. When focusing on quick drying procedures, some chemicals may be necessary to control growth or prevent further contamination.
 
SERVPRO technicians only use EPA-registered broad spectrum disinfectants in the right mixture and dwell time according to product labeling. We use specific equipment to maintain the correct temperature and pH levels to rectify the situation while also making sure to protect our workers and the occupants of your home properly throughout the process.
 
Without the proper knowledge and experience, it is entirely possible for you to spread the contamination further, infecting additional areas of your home and adding to the issue rather than fixing it. Attempting this type of remediation on your own is highly questionable, especially if the area is larger than 10 square feet.
 
While the use of disinfectants like bleach alone is highly ineffective for mold remediation, anyone attempting to perform this job should concentrate on physical removal of contaminated porous materials and efficiently dry the area to avoid microbes returning within days.
 
Make sure to contact SERVPRO of Northwest Cobb County immediately after discovering mold damage on your property. We can help. (770) 966-1442

Other News

View Recent Posts